I don't believe in New Years resolutions. I really don't. Not because I disagree with the whole (improve your life) thing. More like, I just disagree with the idea that you have a whole year to live the way you shouldn't and then on January 1st you are supposed to STOP everything stupid, crazy, or lazy that you do and give it up for good.
Ohhh Come on! Most people can't even stop or start doing one thing that would make them healthier, happier, or (god forbid) smarter. Let alone a few things at once...
So, that being said, and with my 100+ things to do before I die. AKA my bucket list posted. I am start a work out/ eat healthier regime in 15 more days.
I have sort of started already.
1.I got my skinny jeans out of my closet (skinny = size 11/12) and I have them hanging with one of my favorite shirts. So that I can consistantly remind myself of why I am doing this.
2.I have already started adding in 1 salad and usually 1 vegetable type snack into my daily diet.
3.I started walking a few miles per week. Yesterday I think I walked 3 miles of beach with my fiance' and best friend Dette.
It's so awesome when the people in your life participate isn't it?
This may not seem like much to some, and may seem like a whole lot to others but hey, I figure you have to start somewhere.
My goal is to lose between 3 and 4 pants sizes. I'm not sure how long it will take me to work it off, it took me a few years to gain all this weight. How is it that you don't notice the weight you have gained the whole time you are gaining it and then, one day its like, Holy Shit! Look what I have done to myself?
Well, regardless. The plan goes something like this.
1. Stay motivated.
2. Eat at least one super healthy meal per day (to start)
3. Take a long walk, bike ride, Tea Bo, or the Magnificent Seven by Matt Furey 3-4 days a week.(The book is actually called Combat Abs.) If you are looking to get fit, this trully is a great place to start.
4. Eat at least 2 super healthy meals per day.
5. Once I get into better shape. (about halfway to where I want to be physically) I am going to start doing P90X. I figure I'll start off with p90X twice a week (probably a stretching and kick boxing), tea bo twice a week (cardio and abs) and then a random physical activity once per week.
6. Eat at least 2 healthy meals per day with healthy snacks.(I don't believe that people should "diet" I mean just look at the word DIEt. Seems pretty self explanitory to me. I do however think people should stay away from all the greesy fast food places. I mean, all that greese has to go somewhere and it does, right onto your thighs.)
7. Progressively phase out Tea bo and phase in P90X so that I get up to 5 days.
P90X is a hard core work out. I did it a few years ago, thinking I could just jump right into it, and I found muscles in places I didn't know muscles existed. Who know there was a muscle right above your knee. Not I. But, there is and plyometrics showed me just how weak that muscle is.
So, thats my plan. As I have said, I have begun taking some small strides to get my self ready, not just physically but mentally.
I have also started to teach myself French.
What are you doing to better your mind, body, or spirit?
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Again thank you for your kind words, I agree children don't get the credit they deserve, and I plan on continuing to love her even when she doesn't want it, the good news is things are getting better slowly, I know she sees what her mother does and u are right when you say she doesn't quit unerstand it and it is hurtful to her, if you have any other advice it would be appreciated I am never sure how to answer her questions about her mom or the things that she does. I believe in honesty but on the flip side she is her mother and I respect that whole heartedly! I have never said a thing against her mother and I never would but still she is asking questions that are getting harder and harder to answer. thank you again
Post a Comment