That's when I realized that I haven't mentioned it! In July, I got my first tattoo. Its a Phoenix on fire.
Basically the story behind it is: (Nothing to do with Harry Potter)
I got a Phoenix because A. In Eastern Cultures the Phoenix and the Dragon are thought to be part of the Begin of the universe. The Phoenix, Dragon, Unicorn, and Tortoise are the beginning of everything. The creators if you will. The Dragon and the Phoenix represent man and woman/ male and female/ yin and yang.
B. The Phoenix symbolizes rebirth- strength- and loyalty.
C. I have now been with my fiance' (officially engaged as of 09/20/09) for 3 years going on 4. We love each other so much, and for the few people who know me and all I have gone through in the past 6 years, you know that I am a completely different person then what I was. Thankfully this is a good thing... at any rate, John and I can't always be together and this is a sort of way or reminding myself of what I have accomplished, and where I am going. As well as a way for me to have him with me always (once I get the Dragon done - which represents him.)
So on my right arm, I have a Phoenix on fire and on the left arm I will be getting a Dragon (of water) to tie the two together. They are doing a sort of mating dance together.
So anyway, that's the story about my tattoo.
This is where I got the idea for my tattoo from:

And here is the picture of my tattoo as promised.
In the mean time, WORLD, I am going to marry the love of my life, the most fabulous person that I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I am so excited, and happy it is crazy.
2 comments:
Very cool! Can't wait for pics :)
Liz, thank you so much for your comment on my blog about step parenting....you have no idea how much your words meant coming from someone who has lived it from my daughters point of view. I love her completely and to hear that you love your step mother gives me hope...you said you don't know what ex problems we have well let me tell you plenty...for yrs she chased my husband even in the process of having other relationships and more children, she has made life difficult every chance she gets and has done plenty that has hurt her own daughter...including telling her that I am the reason daddy left and that daddy has a new family now and doesn't want you...which all is untrue, so there have been many obstacles. I'm sorry to go on and on, I don't expect you to post this I just wanted to thank you for your kind words and for giving a loving step momma something wonderful to look forward too!!!!
Post a Comment