Saturday, November 7, 2009

Getting fit

I am very excited to report that I am sticking to the plan I laid out last month.

Currently I am working out 4 days a week 2 Taebo amped sessions and 2 Taebo Abs sessions. With 3 days "off" which I use loosely because I usually wind up taking a few miles walk, or doing an extra work out in there somewhere.

I really wasn't sure if I would be able to stay motivated enough to do what needed to be done.

It is my opinion that belief in yourself and the motivation to accomplish whatever it is you are looking to get done are two of the most important things we should focus on. They tend to be the two factors that can really push us forward or pull us back.

This is also true when we are looking for our passion in life, our calling, our purpose. Don't believe that just because you have been doing the same thing, the same way for most of your life that theres only that one way of doing things or only that one thing that can be done.

There are many people that reinvent themselves. This is a good thing. If you aren't waking up everyday with a sense of meaning, purpose and accomplishment why are you doing the same thing everyday? Things won't change just because you wish them to. You have to take that WANT and ACT on it.

Heck, you don't even have to know what you want to do. Dabble a little bit. Take a few months and study a new subject, a new hobbie, a new activity. Get involved with yourself. Try to figure out what drives you. Create a list of things you have always wondered about and then experience them. Trying new things is such an enriching experience that even if it isn't THE ACTIVITY that you are passionate about, it will bring you great joy because you did something.

Phew doesn't that just sound great! DO something. ACT on IT. Live your life. This is the only life that is guaranteed. Everything or anything after our life on earth is based on speculation or faith or both. Besides, even if there is life after death do you realy want to live 65 years doing something you don't like?




No comments: