Friday, August 24, 2007

Admit It- Fix It- Move on

Strange how the world works isn't it? I mean you go through your days thinking that you are young and you have your whole life ahead of you and then something happens and you realize that tomorrow is not only (not guaranteed) but that you are the person in charge of your destiny.

Maybe you already knew that. Maybe just maybe you had no clue and as you sit and read this you think to yourself, 'I may be in charge of the actions I do but the world has made life so difficult for me to get ahead. It doesn't matter anyway, I can never be what I really want.'

If that is you, I am sorry. I know how you feel. I felt the same way. Do you know what I found? It just isn't true. Whatever you want out of life is possible. You may have people who support you, you may not. But as long as you have the will to be and do what it is you want. Then you can.

Ignorance is not bliss. And just because you don't get the result you are looking for it doesn't mean you should stop working. It means you should start working with even more conviction, with even more spirit, with even more desire.

Life is only what we make of it, nothing more and nothing less. So if you gone your whole life wondering what is the point.

The point is do something awesome, outrageous, creative, and do it for yourself. Don't worry about what the world thinks. Dont worry about the crosses you may have to bear. Don't even worry about the mistakes you have made.

Who cares about those mistakes? Trust me. I could make a list of the great many things in my life that I have messed up. But at the end of the day it affects me far more then it affects anyone else in my life. Because of those mistakes I can clearly see what I am meant to do with my life right now.

Who knows, maybe my goals and aspirations will change. Maybe they will stay the same. But they are mine to accomplish. And mine to fail. Which do you prefer? To lay in bed at night knowing that you didn't even try to get a thing done or that you did everything possible to get your goals ACCOMPLISHED.

I have a hard time sleeping at night. I have for quite a few years now. I lay in bed and think about all the things I have to do the next day. I even have a note pad on the night stand next to me so when I have an idea I can write it down right away. Even thought the lamp is on the other side of the room. It doesn't matter. So what if I wake up to a page of barely readable scribble that I have to use a decoder to figure out.

It is the action the desire that helps me wake up and be grateful for each day I have to be alive and get what I want out of life.

I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder a few years ago. The doctors put me on medication for a while and you know what I found I had even more anxiety problems. Now that I consistently make lists and cross off what I have done each day, I don't get crazy and anxious. I am proud and relaxed.

There is a way of living that sets you apart from everyone else. Some may go through their day and run into a snag then let that little snag mess up the rest of their day. Others choose (I choose) to brush it off. I just don't think life is worth getting that worked up about.

We may not have tomorrow but we do have today so for who ever reads this and for whatever it is worth, I say to you...

If you make a mistake, so what, admit it. Fix it. Then, move on.

If you feel like there is no point in trying, realize that you can't get anything that you don't ask for. You can't make any progress unless you try. You can't be what you want to be unless you figure out what you want to be. You need a purpose.

Lastly, learn as many skills as you can. The world is forever changing and while we are here on this planet to breathe the air, enjoy the sound of the ocean, the scent of a flower, the taste of our favorite food, and the feel of the breeze in our hair... we need to enjoy it.

Take advantage of our lives because we may only have one to live.

Ask yourself; what kind of person must I become to accomplish my goals?

Then (get er done)

Liz~

No comments: